Read the terms and fill out the form at the bottom of the page. You will then be contacted by email@example.com to review your submission.
Medical University of South Carolina
Social Media Content Owner / Moderator Terms and Agreement
1. Each Content Owner/Moderator should be familiar with, and agree to comply with Medical University of South Carolina’s Social Media Guidelines and the suggestions listed in the Medical University of South Carolina Content Owner/Moderator Terms and Agreement Form.
2. To prevent stagnant conversation, social media content should be refreshed at least weekly.
3. To utilize social media efficiently, all social media platforms should have a specific purpose and topics should be relevant to the mission of MUSC.
4. All comments are moderated. Comments that are obscene, defamatory, profane, libelous, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful or embarrassing to another person or any other person or entity are not approved. Owner/Moderator agrees to take all reasonably possible steps to prevent and eliminate non-approved comments and understand that it may be necessary to discontinue the use of the social media if such comments cannot be eliminated or prevented.
5. Please remember that all laws and Medical University of South Carolina policies apply, including but not limited to HIPAA laws, privacy, security and safety policies. We suggest that you take time to review these policies. Please consult your supervisor if you have questions about the appropriateness of your or anyone’s comment. If you believe there has been a Privacy violation immediately contact MUSC’s Privacy Office at 843-792-4037. For all other concerns, consult your supervisor. For all issues or questions about a comment, please take a screenshot and send that to your supervisor.
7. The social media participation guidelines are posted or linked to on all external MUSC sites.
If you see comments that require attention or service recovery, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fill out a separate form for each platform you are requesting.