New MUSC employees, residents, volunteers, agency employees, travelers, and visiting faculty:
Print out and complete the Pre-Placement Exam, Respiratory Questionnaire and Immunization Record forms prior to your appointment. If under 18, have parent/guardian complete Consent for Minors and bring to appointment. New employees working with animals must also complete the Animal Screening Packet.
1. Employee Health Services (EHS) is contacted by Human Resources to schedule pre-placement appointments.
2. Pre-placement appointments are performed at EHS.
3. Pre-placement candidate provides legible copies, with month, day, and year noted, of the following items. If you need your records sent to us, please complete the Authorization to Disclose Protected Health Information and fax to the organization who has your records.
a. Tuberculosis Skin Test (TST) within 90 days prior to MUSC employment OR documentation of past positive TST (with result in millimeters of induration) and chest x-ray report.
b. Varicella: history of disease OR two vaccines OR positive titer.
c. Rubeola (Red Measles): two vaccines OR positive titer.
d. Rubella (German Measles): one vaccine OR positive titer.
e. Hepatitis B: three vaccines OR positive titer.
f. Tetanus or TDAP vaccine within last ten years.
g. Latex Allergy test within 90 days prior to MUSC employment if latex sensitive or allergic.
h. Traveler candidates (as of 1-16-08) must also provide documentation of a negative urine drug screen within 90 days prior to MUSC employment.
4. If candidate is MUSC employee, resident, or volunteer, then necessary TST, immunizations, and/or titers may be performed by EHS.
5. If candidate is MUSC employee or resident, then urine drug screen is part of the pre-placement exam performed by EHS. Please note the following:
a. Bring a government-issued picture ID (ex. Driver’s License, Military ID, or Passport).
b. Be prepared to produce an adequate urine specimen; an adequate specimen must be produced within three hours.
c. Cannot exit the office until the appointment is complete. Because candidate may be here for up to three hours, plan accordingly and allow plenty of time for the appointment.
d. If candidate leaves the office before an adequate urine specimen has been collected, the job offer may be rescinded.
6. Pre-placement candidates who have passed their medical evaluations are given "Post-Offer Pre-Hire Medical Evaluation Results" to take with them to orientation. Candidates have not passed their medical evaluations at EHS until they have received this paperwork.
Current employees changing positions or departments must come through Employee Health Services to get medically cleared for the new job requirements.